Last weekend was the wedding shower/bachelorette party for one of my best friends from college. We had a lot of fun, and it was great seeing everyone come together for her and her fiance. They're both such wonderful people, and I couldn't be happier for them. And now that gifts have been given and opened, I can share photos of their table runner with you all!
It took a couple tries for me to figure out a pattern, then a couple more tries for me to decide on modifications (and there are some pretty significant modifications), but I am so happy with how this came out!
The base for this is the Anya scarf pattern-a really great scarf, and I love how well the pattern worked with my modifications. A brief rundown on the mods:
- I changed the entire thing to be stockinette based, not garter stitch
- I added rest rows in between patterned rows for the border diamonds only-originally they're charted on every side-the center motif had rest rows incorporated already, so I just changed those to be purled instead of knit on the wrong side
- I took out all the repeats of the border diamonds-there's one full pattern repeat, then it goes into the decreases for the center motif
- Since I added rest rows into the border chart, I had to change the placement of the central motif-now the center motif starts and ends at the third to last charted border row from each end (basically, the ends of the motif line up with the widest part of the final border diamonds)
- Added 10 rows of garter stitch to each end
Ravelry Page: SaRy
Pattern: Anya by Zari Zamen
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss Lace