As part of my current round of WIP wrangling, I pulled out a sweater sample I started back in the spring and set aside because I didn't want to do the armscye math. Having just finished two shawl samples back to back, I really liked the idea of digging into a sweater project again. I did the math, and after a marathon of knitting on Saturday and another few hours on Sunday, I was almost finished with the waist decreases.
But something felt a little off. I get in the habit of counting my stitches, not as a way to keep track of them, but just as something to keep my mind busy, and I kept getting really high numbers for the front of the sweater. So I actually counted them, for real, and I had over twenty extra stitches. And then I realized that I'd made a terrible, terrible mistake when I'd cast on the front neck.
It turns out 29 and 29 and 39 do not, in fact, add up to 77. And all those extra stitches aren't something I can just hide away. So, rrrrrip. I'm enormously frustrated, and this sweater is the last thing I want to look at right now. It's been ages since I've had to rip back like this, and I'm SO ANGRY. But I don't want this sweater to get the best of me, and I'm going to fix it and carry on. After I have a little cry about it, of course.
Linking up with Crafting On