Monday, November 20, 2017

Still NaKniSweMo-ing


I ran into a hiccup with my Vianne yesterday- with just one more row left on the button band, I convinced myself that I really had picked up too few stitches for it. So, I ripped the whole thing out, picked up 50% more stitches, and plowed through again. It looks much better now, and my buttonholes are spaced out better, and I am really happy that I ripped it out and started over.

I started the first sleeve cap last night, and I'm really happy with how it's looking so far. I'll be able to start knitting the sleeve in the round sometime this evening, and I probably need to get the first sleeve done by this weekend in order to stay on track. I don't think that will be too much of a problem, and I should have plenty of time to finish and block this before the end of the month.


I did find a dropped stitch yesterday morning when I was working on the button band for the second time. It looks like it got missed when I was trying to do a k2tog in the lace section, and while it could have been in an easier place to hide, it should be a pretty quick fix. I didn't have a locking stitch marker on me at the time, but I found a rubber band in my purse and secured the loose stitch with that- thankfully I found it before it dropped down further!

Linking up with Crafting On

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you found the dropped stitch before it ran out of control. The sweater is going to be so pretty when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete