There have been several moments over the past few weeks where I've felt sure that the green shawl would be done that day. For the most part, this has been a total joy to knit. The yarn is delightful, the colors charming, and the first 3/4ths of this shawl went exactly as planned.
But the border's been a bit tricky. I've ended up having to rip it out four times, for a mix of careless mistakes and poor math. I sat outside all yesterday afternoon and finally tinked it back for the last time, actually swatched for the border (yes, I did an initial swatch, but apparently if you change things you need to swatch again), and worked out an excellent final plan that will absolutely work and be done in just a few hours.
And then this happened. I knew I had one other US5 needle around, so I found it and started again, until I remembered that this set had split at one tip and was unusable and I hadn't remembered to throw it away yet. So this will have to wait until my new needle gets here-I've ordered one and hopefully it will get here this week.
But until then, it's not like I don't have other stuff to work on.